Our leadership programs are intended to enhance leadership abilities, foster local opportunities and strengthen those who live, work and play in our community. The Business Leadership program was started in 1999 and is made up of individuals who are residents and/or employed full time in the Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory, City Side or adjacent areas. The goal of this program is to produce well informed and motivated community leaders who are willing and capable of working together for a better community.
Alumni opportunities for training include leadership capacity skill building, event management, program planning, teambuilding and a mentorship program. Alumni are groomed for community service to include working on nonprofit and corporate boards.
Participants are expected to attend a two-day retreat and monthly program days intended to enhance community awareness. The focus of the monthly program days include topics impacting our community, such as wellness, faith, criminal justice, transportation, government, education, sports and the arts. Participants also have the opportunity to meet and network with other community leaders.
Each class is divided into project teams. Each team within a class identifies and leads a project that will ultimately enhance the community. Below are examples of projects from previous years:
• Worked with a local theater to develop a live music series to promote the theater and give local musicians a place to perform Developed and facilitated a community awareness campaign to establish solid partnerships between an organization and new stakeholders in the community
• Produced and performed a variety show for residents of a local retirement home
• Painted, renovated and landscaped at cottages for a nonprofit housing facility
• Hosted a recycling day where residents could drop off recyclable products and learn about “going green”
The Class of 2020 saw a major change in the format of class projects. Participants were tasked with studying a community issue, proposing ideas to address that issue and presenting those ideas to local community leaders.
• Assure that all participants are seen and heard in equal ways
• Identify current and emerging leaders from all areas of the community
• Provide opportunity for personal growth through the development of leadership skills, awareness and challenge
• Expand the vision and focus on vital issues affecting the community
• Break down barriers and encourage cooperation through networking
• Promote community support through a greater understanding of needs and opportunities for involvement
• Recognize the partnership between Donelson-Hermitage and Metropolitan Nashville as a seamless community
If you are interested in being part of an organization that makes a difference in your community, we invite you to apply for the leadership program.
The application for the Business Class of 2024 is available here. If you have questions regarding the L’Evate Business Program, please call Deann Bradford, Executive Director, at 615-414-7427.
If you are applying for a scholarship, please submit the Scholarship Application along with the Business Program Application. Once you have the application(s), you may complete it in one of two ways:
1) Download the application(s), complete by hand in black ink please and mail to
P.O. Box 8387
Hermitage, TN 37076
2) Download the PDF to your desktop, complete it using your computer and email to email@example.com.